Saturday, August 15, 2009

Vici - My Cute Alarm Clock

I walked home from office one day (as usual, grumpy about my day) to see my parents grinning from ear to ear, and I thought to myself, "Not another of some silly surprise". It was four days after another "boring" birthday of mine, & I was sure, this surprise, would definitely leave a bad taste in my mouth. But, I was wrong (and I couldn't have been happier that I was wrong)
I found a cuddly little fur ball in the corner of my room looking back at me. The warm look made me forget my troubles in office and when I held her in my hand, she fit in my palms perfectly. The initial days were spent getting to know each other, and after a few days, it seemed like she has always been a part of my family.

Watching our new bundle of joy play all over the house would automatically put a smile on our faces, and soon she became the most loved person in my family. (Watch the video & do let me know, if there isn't a smile, while you watch her) Yes, you guessed it right; my parents do love her more than me.

By the time, she could reach up to my bed, she had turned into my morning alarm. I don't know why, but for some reason, she took upon herself, the herculean task of waking me up in the morning. My mom was more than happy that the task had been offloaded her shoulders.

Vici, would be at my bed at 6:30 AM sharp, trying to wake me, so that I'm not late. The best part is that if, I don't wake up initially by her gentle nudges, she then resorts to her sure shot technique of getting me out of my bed. She will push her nose under my knees & lift her head up in such a way that my leg falls on the ground & I'm half way out of the bed. If anybody else would have tried to get me out of my bed in such a way, God Almighty would have had no other choice, but to step aside & watch the scene from the balcony. But, since it is Vici, (and I'm sure she knows this too), all I can do is, end up on the ground, scratch my head & watch her as she prances around me at her job well done. These days, I'm never late to office, thanks to Vici....

I'm sure everybody is thinking that this is the best & the cutest alarm clock in this world, and would love to wake up this way every morning. But wait, before you all start thinking so, let me tell you about the side effects as well. Vici's week does not have weekends!!!! Yes, you guessed it right, she comes & wakes me up at 6:30 AM even on weekends....I have no choice, but to wake up at 6:30 AM, drag myself to the living room, watch her go for her morning walk with dad, and then rush back to my room to catch up on my well deserved sleep.

You might think that, all I need to do is keep the door to my room closed on weekends, but that doesn't work either. God forbid, if I keep the door closed, I do get my full sleep for that day, but then, I am not allowed to go anywhere close to her, or even pat her on her head. She will just not let me come close to her, & will have the sad face, which looks like she is telling me, "You don't love me at all...." This is the scene, till I go down to the shop & get her a packet of gems. This, Rs. 5 packet is my lifesaver, she will forget all her anger & go about prancing showing off her gems to each & every member in my family before asking me to open it & give her those colorful pieces of her favorite treat.

So, everyone, this is the deal, if I'm supposed to have my full quota of sleep, either I'm supposed to sleep early, or else, I better have a packet of Gems near me in the morning. A Sweet Deal, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment